Q. I am seeing a lady at the moment who has a very big discrepancy in leg length. We are working on her strength which is clearly working but her mobility is always going to be hindered by this difference. I feel she will benefit from an orthotics referral but I am unsure which route I need to take for this. Do I speak with the nurse who did her MFFP assessment or direct to her GP? A. I would suggest you direct her to her GP for referral on as per normal care.