Before starting my doctoral studies I worked in the fields of public health and nutrition in NHS, research and charity settings.
- As a Research Assistant at the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health at University College London, I worked on an exploratory trial of a motivational interviewing intervention (SWITCH) for overweight and obese adolescents.
- In my work as a Public Health Strategist at Islington Primary Care Trust, I helped to plan public health services aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families in the local area, through the Islington Healthy Children's Centre Programme.
- As a Nutrition Scientist at the British Nutrition Foundation, I helped to develop resources based around the Eatwell Plate, designed a training course Catering for Health, compiled a quarterly evidence review and worked on an EU-funded project on communicating Bioeconomy research (CommNet)
- In my work as a Community Nutritionist at NHS Redbridge, I delivered an Early Years Nutrition Service aimed at preventing obesity in early childhood, and the MEND weight management programme for overweight and obese children and adolscents and their families.
- MSc in Public Health Nutrition, University of Chester
- BSc (Hons) in Biology, University of Leeds