Full list of publications
- 1. Al‐Khudairy L, Loveman E, Colquitt JL, Mead E, Johnson RE, Fraser H, Olajide J, Murphy M, Velho RM, O'Malley C, Azevedo LB, Ells LJ, Metzendorf MI, Rees K. (2017) Diet, physical activity and behavioural interventions for the treatment of overweight or obesity in adolescents aged 12 to 17 years. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 6. Art. No.: CD012691. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012691.
- 2. Murphy M, Robertson W and Oyebode O. (2017) Obesity in international migrant populations. Current Obesity Reports, 6 (3): 314–323. ISSN 2162-4968
- 3. Yusuf H, Kolliakou A, Ntouva A, Murphy M, Newton T, Tsakos G, Watt RG. (2016) Predictors of dentists’ behaviours in delivering prevention in primary dental care in England: using the theory of planned behaviour. BMC health services research 16 (1), 1.
- 4. Robertson W, Murphy M, Johnson R. (2016) Evidence base for the prevention and management of child obesity. Paediatrics and Child Health 26 (5), 212-218.
- 5. Yusuf H, Tsakos G, Ntouva A, Murphy M, Porter J, Newton T, Watt RG. (2015) Differences by age and sex in general dental practitioners' knowledge, attitudes and behaviours in delivering prevention. British dental journal 219 (6), E7-E7.
- 6. Murphy M, Ballam R, Coe S. (2014) Supporting the communication of EC-funded food, agriculture and biotechnology research through a European educational toolkit for schools: The development and design process. Nutrition Bulletin, 39 (3): 276-283.
- 7. Murphy M. (2014) Dietary guidelines: Scientific substantiation and public health impact. Nutrition Bulletin, 39 (3): 290-304.
- 8. Yusuf H, Murphy M, Ntouva A, Newton T, Murdoch M, Watt R. (2014) An ethical dilemma: our current understanding of prevention in primary dental care. A qualitative study. Social Science and Dentistry, 3 (1): 17-26.
- 9. Murphy M, et al. (2013) Considerations and lessons learned from designing a motivational interviewing obesity intervention for young people attending dental practices: A study protocol paper. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 36 (1): 126-134.
- 10. Murphy M, Fallows S, Bonwick G. (2008). Parents’ use and understanding of front-of-pack food labelling and the impact of socioeconomic status. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 67: E413.
Full list of presentations
- 1. Murphy M, Robertson W, Johnson R, Boardman FK. OP24 Eliciting children’s perceptions and experiences of health, diet, physical activity and weight through the draw, write and tell technique. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health Sep 2017, 71 (Suppl 1) A13; DOI: 10.1136/jech-2017-SSMAbstracts.24 (Oral).
- 2. Murphy M, Robertson W, Johnson R, Boardman FK. An exploration of childhood obesity across ethnic groups in Coventry: A mixed methods study. Warwick Medical School Research Student Symposium, 6th June 2017, University of Warwick (Poster).
- 3. Murphy M and Mitchell S. Research with children. The experiences of two Research Students. Qualitative and Mixed Methods Interest Group, July 2016, University of Warwick, (Oral).
- 4. Murphy M, Johnson R, Boardman F, Baker A, Parsons N and Robertson W. P63 An exploration of childhood obesity across ethnic groups in Coventry. Society for Social Medicine 60th Annual Scientific Meeting, 14th – 16th Sept 2016, York (Poster).
- 5. Murphy M, Johnson R, Griffiths F. Mixed methods in health research as a threshold learning concept and students’ negotiation of it through a creative learning experience. 2nd International Mixed Methods International Research Association conference, 3rd – 5th Aug 2016, Durham (Oral).
- 6. Murphy M, Robertson W, Boardman F and Johnson R. Ethnic inequalities in childhood overweight and obesity: The case in Coventry. Research Student Showcase, 17th May 2016, University of Warwick (Poster, Winner of Best Poster Award).
- 7. Murphy M, Johnson R and Griffiths F. Open Space Learning in mixed methods pedagogy: Navigating the ‘threshold concept’. Teaching and Learning Showcase, May 2016, University of Warwick (Poster).
- 8. Murphy M, Porter J, Yusuf H, Ntouva A, Kolliakou A, Newton T, Watt RG. Study design for a motivational interviewing intervention for the prevention of obesity in adolescents attending dental practices: An exploratory cluster RCT, International Society for Behavioural Nutrition and Physical Activity Conference, May 2013, Ghent (Poster).
- Lead author of a successful small grant (£5000) from Public Health England, awarded following a ‘Dragon’s Den’ competition, for the project ‘Development of a healthy menu labelling scheme in schools’ (Nov 2017)