Lion Rock Bursary and Scholarship
The launch of The Lion Rock Scholarship Programme in 2019 is the result of a kind donation from two Warwick alumni and aims to financially assist those students who may otherwise be facing financial challenges whilst at University. The Programme will enable recipients to concentrate more fully upon their academic studies and engage with wider enrichment activities to aid a well rounded and positive student experience.
The programme is comprised of two parts:
1) 6 X £5000 bursaries.
Applications are encouraged from all students studying on the WBS Foundation Year in 2019-20.
Applications open from Friday 1st November 2019 - Friday 22nd November 2019.
2) 1 X full fee tuition scholarship for three academic years of study.
Applications are exclusively open to the 6 successful candidates for the bursary outlined above.
Applications open from Summer 2020.
Who is eligible for the Lion Rock Scholarship Programme Bursary?
In order to be eligible to apply for the Lion Rock Bursary you must:
- Have an attendance level at all contact hours to be at a minimum of 70%. This will be checked and verified by the Undergraduate Programme Team.
- Never have been referred to a member of the pastoral care team for attendance related reasons – with the exception of documented mitigating circumstances to explain interrupted attendance.
- Have a household income as assessed by the Student Funding Team of below £35,001. This will be assessed using a Student Loans Company 'Customer Reference Number'.
- Have shown to be fully engaged within all lectures as corroborated by a reference from your Personal Tutor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
Applications for the Lion Rock Bursary can be found on the following webpage: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/wbs/undergrad/welcome/students/lionrockscholarshipprogramme.
The closing date for application is Friday 22nd November 2019 at 23:59:59.
What is the selection process?
How will I be notified of the outcome of my application?
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email after Monday 25th November.
The recipients of the Lion Rock Bursary will be required to sign an agreement, which will include the need to produce an annual progress report and to demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.
WBS reserve the right to change or withdraw the scholarship at any time.
How do I apply for the Lion Rock Full Fee Tuition Scholarship?