"When a group of workers act and speak together, their employer has to listen. That’s how unions make things better at work."
Being a UNISON member gives you a range of benefits including:
- Protection and representation at work,
- Help with pay and conditions of service,
- Health and Safety guidance and support,
- Improve work pay and condition through local and national campaigns
- Free UNISON College Member Learning and Activist Training advice and courses, leading to vocational and professional qualifications,
- Confidential welfare servicesLink opens in a new window for you and your dependents in difficult times through UNISON's own charity There For You,
- Excellent legal servicesLink opens in a new window including free help with work problems and legal support for members and their families,
- Pensions advice,
- Online employment and workplace advice,
- A special hotline, UNISONdirect, for help and advice on workplace issues,
- Cash benefits for accidents and injuries at work,
- A colour magazine sent to your home four times a year, a monthly magazine for our stewards and activists and a full range of publicity,
- Special shopping deals on everything from computers, tax returns, holidays, mortgages, car breakdown services, insurance and credit cards, and
- Our own holiday centre for members and families at the Devon seaside.
For more detailed information about benefits see the UNISON membership benefits page.