Who we are and how to contact us
Warwick.ac.uk and WBS.ac.uk are sites operated by University of Warwick ("We"). We are an exempt charity and company incorporated under royal charter with company number RC000678 and have our offices at Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom.
We are regulated by the Office for Students.
To contact us, please refer to our ‘contact us’ webpage.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you save a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Privacy Notice.
- Our Acceptable Use Policies, including the Residential Network Acceptable Use Policy, which set out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with the Acceptable Use Policies.
- Our Information Management Policy Framework.
- Our Charter, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulations, Scheme of Delegation and other University policies.
- Our Cookies Notice, which sets out information about the cookies on our site.
If you purchase goods from our site, additional terms and conditions will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to, suspend or withdraw our site
We will update and change our site from time to time.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons (e.g. maintenance). This may happen without notice.
Our site relies on third parties for transmission and delivery and we cannot guarantee the performance of services by third parties.
We may transfer ownership of our site to another organisation.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly contact us.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to withdraw or alter any of the programmes, tuition fees, entry requirements, facilities or services described on our site. The choice of subjects may be limited due to timetabling, staffing, availability of student places, and other considerations.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards, blogs, forums and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our privacy notices.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policies.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site including if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policies.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Prohibited use of our site
You must not use our site or any information or facilities which are available through it to, or to attempt to:
- commit or encourage unlawful acts or acts which breach these terms or any other terms which may apply;
- commit an unauthorised use of material protected by patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right;
- misrepresent your identity;
- hack any part of our site, any system used to run it, or any other of our systems;
- process personal data otherwise than in accordance with data protection law;
- post material that is obscene, offensive, defamatory or libellous, threatening, or which violates right to privacy, or which is otherwise unlawful; or
- technically harm our site or its systems (including, without limitation, with computer viruses, malicious software and harmful data).
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service forever; and
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for other users, partners or advertisers to use the content for their purposes forever.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policies.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
Our trade marks are UK registered trade marks of University of Warwick. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.