Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Who should I tell at Warwick?

If you are asked to self-isolate by the University Test and Trace or NHS Test and Trace, you need to tell your academic department


You also need to tell your department and Personal Tutor or Supervisor that you are self-isolating. Please follow advice from them regarding your studies. If your period of self-isolation is extended, you should update your personal tutor about this too.

They will ensure that you have all the information that you need regarding your studies while in self-isolation. They can support you to submit any mitigating circumstances if your work or an assessment is impacted. They can connect you to other sources of support at the University.

If you are unable to get hold of your Personal Tutor or Supervisor or would prefer to talk to someone else in your department then please contact your department Senior Tutor.

Positive tests

Please note that if you test positive, the Test and Trace Team will inform the teaching lead in your department (including the Head of Department and Head of Administration). We also advise that you contact your Personal Tutor anyway to be sure.


You or your manager should also update details on SuccessFactors.

You need to self-isolate if:

  • You have travelled to the UK from a country on the UK government's red or amber list. You also need to follow the UK government rules if you’ve been in or through an amber list or red list country. See the testing and self-isolation requirements
  • You have symptoms of Covid-19

For any of the reasons above, you must complete our self-isolation form as soon as possible.

You will also need to tell your department (see above), your household or your kitchen group if you live on campus.