What if I am self isolating and I want to smoke?
We promote a healthy lifestyle and smoking or vaping is prohibited within the residential buildings including your study bedroom. We do not advise you to leave your residential building to smoke whilst you are self-isolating.
If you have to smoke
If you must smoke or vape then you need to wear a face covering whilst travelling through and leaving the building and remain 2 metres away from others.
- You many only smoke or vape 3 metres away from any building
- You must make sure that any smoke you generate does not enter a building through open windows and doors or create a nuisance for others
- You must not smoke in a group with other people
- You must not share your cigarette with others
- You must take any cigarette ends or rubbish generated from smoking and dispose of them safely
Remember, this is not an opportunity to gather. You must return immediately to your property once you have finished smoking. It is vital that you observe social distancing and wear a face covering when leaving and returning to the building.