AHRC Research Grant, Oct 2013-Dec 2016; AHRC Follow-on Grant, Jan-Dec 2017
AshLI was launched in October 2013. We're a collaboration between the University of Warwick (Prof Alison Cooley, Principal Investigator), the Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents, University of Oxford (Dr Charles Crowther, Co-Investigator; Dr Abigail Baker, postdoctoral research assistant), and the Ashmolean Museum (Dr Paul Roberts, Co-Investigator).
- To make more than 400 Latin inscriptions in the Ashmolean collection available to everyone, in a free online catalogue
- To install new displays of Latin inscription in the Ashmolean Museum
- To create free online teaching resources in Roman and Latin topics for Primary and Secondary schools.
Find out More
- Visit Reading, Writing, Romans, for blogs and vodcasts on the stories behind the inscriptions
- Find us on Facebook, on the Ashmolean Latin Inscriptions Project page.
- Follow us on Twitter @Ashmolean Latin