Currently, all of my experience is clinical rather than academic, and my aim is to use the skills I gain to enhance my clinical role as well as engaging in teaching and further research.
I currently work at Wolverhampton CCG alongside my part-time study here at the University of Warwick. My role there involves the following:
- Workforce development for the CCG in line with the Sustainable Development Plan and GP Forward View
- Liaising with general practice and other primary care teams around workforce and quality issues
- Support for primary care around training and quality
- Advisor to non-clinical team members around quality issues arising in primary care
- Link with NHS England performance, patient safety and contracting teams
- Link between the CCG and Health Education England
- Working with the Community Education Provider Network and local HEI to ensure all staff have the opportunity to develop their skills within the scope of the NHS Sustainable Development Plan
- Membership of West Midlands GPN leads group
- Involvement in the development of the Nursing Associate Training programme
- Report writing, analysis of information relating to complaints, serious incidents arising from primary care
- Involvement in departmental audit and research
I have been a nurse since 1995, when I started work as a Health Care Assistant in Elderly Care, moving on to working within the local Learning Disability Service. I undertook my nurse training at the University of Coventry, continuing to work as a HCA in both mental health and general nursing throughout. I graduated with a BSc in Adult Nursing, moving on to work as a staff nurse and later senior staff nurse in Urology and General Surgery at Sandwell Hospital. I then moved on to work in General Practice in Wolverhampton, as a case manager and then within the Office of Public Health in Dudley where I worked extensively with the NHS Health Check programme before taking up my current role in 2016.
Research Student Skills Programme Workshops
- Post Graduate Certificate in Transferrable Skills in Science - currently undertaking
- What are these?