- Pre-clinical medicine and intercalated BSc (Neuroscience) at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- MB BChir, University of Cambridge
- Academic Foundation Programme (Medical Education), North East Thames Foundation School
- NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship (Medical Education), Health Education West Midlands
- Dermatology specialty training, Health Education West Midlands (Provisional CCT date 31.12.2018)
- OOP-Research on autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis, St John's Institute of Dermatology, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (funded by the NIHR Rare Diseases Translational Research Collaboration)
- Doctor of Medicine degree thesis entitled 'the graduate-entry medical students: challenges to transition through medical school' (await conferral of degree)
Peer Reviewed Publications in Medical Education:
Tso S. The impact of graduate-entry medicine degree programme students’ prior academic and professional experience on their medical school journey. The Asia Pacific Scholar. (in press)
Tso S. Disabled graduate-entry medical student experience. Clinical Teacher. 2017. doi: 10.1111/tct.12653.
Tso S. Clinical academic career: an alternative viewpoint. Clinical Teacher. 2017. 14(2):141-142 doi: 10.1111/tct.12545
Tso S. Potential barriers to pursuing a career in academic dermatology. British Journal of Dermatology. 2016. 175(1):222-223 DOI: 10.1111/bjd.14519
Tso S, Yousuf A. Student giving health advice to family and friends. Clinical Teacher. 2016. 13(3):219-222 doi: 10.1111/tct.12413
Tso S, Corrigall D, Bennett K, Wood E,. A case study of a teacher development training programme for newly qualified Foundation year doctors. Health and Social Care Education. 2014. 1-6 DOI: 10.11120/hsce.2014.00043
Tso S. Attitudes towards workplace based assessments. Clinical Teacher. 2014. 11:406-8.
Wood E, Tso S,. The Virtual Continuity in Learning Programme: Results. Clinical Teacher. 2012, 9(4):216-21.
Tso S,. Facilitating medical students to undertake research. Medical Teacher. 2012. 34(9):778.
Tso S,. Challenges of the transition from student to educator. Clinical Teacher. 2012. 9(6):413-4.
Graham P, Tso S, Wood E,. Shadowing a foundation-year doctor: a third-year medical student's perspective. Clinical Teacher. 2011. 8:156-159.
Peer Reviewed Publications in Dermatology:
Tso S, Petrof G, Unter S, Humphreys F. Clarithromycin as a steroid sparing agent for the management of infantile bullous pemphigoid. BMJ Case Reports. 2017. (in press)
Tso S, Hunt W, Gach JE. A regressing spindle cell tumour of Reed. BMJ Case Reports. 2017. pii: bcr-2017-222002. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2017-222002.
Takeichi T, Sugiura K, Tso S, Simpson MA, McGrath JA, Akiyama M. Bi-allelic nonsense mutations in ABHD5 underlie a mild phenotype of Dorfman-Chanarin syndrome. J Dermatol Sci. 2016. 81(2):134-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jdermsci.2015.10.015.
Petrof G, Lwin SM, Martinez-Queipo M, Abdul-Wahab A, Tso S, Mellerio JE, Slaper-Cortenbach I, Boelens JJ, Tolar J, Veys P, Ofuya M, Peacock JL, Martinez AE, McGrath JA. Potential of systemic allogeneic mesenchymal stromal cell therapy for children with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2015. 135(9):2319-21 doi: 10.1038/jid.2015.158
Tso S, Brockley J, Recica H, Ilchyshyn A,. Sister Mary Joseph's nodule: an unusual but important physical finding characteristic of widespread internal malignancy. British Journal of General Practice. 2013. 63(615):551-552.
Walter FM, Humphrys E, Tso S, Johnson M, Cohn S,. Patient understanding of moles and skin cancer, and factors influencing presentation in primary care: a qualitative study. BMC Family Practice. 2010. 11:62.
Dr Simon Tso
Warwick Medical School