- Achieved my Postgraduate Award in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education in January 2017
- Faculty poster winner and best overall poster winner of the Postgraduate Research Showcase, University of Warwick, June 2016
- Secured funding to run a cross-division networking event for Research Students at Warwick Medical School, June 2016
I have attended a number of sessions and courses to support my professional development, including:
- Introduction to Qualitative Interviewing, University of Oxford
- Introduction to Focus Groups, University of Oxford
- Mixed Methods for Health Research, University of Warwick
- Qualitative Research Methods in Health, University of Warwick
- Design, Analysis and Interpretation of Epidemiological Research, University of Warwick
- Sociology of Health, Health Policy and the Social Determinants of Health, University of Warwick
I am currently undertaking a Digital Tools for Researchers module, University of Warwick.
Conferences and events
I have recently attended the following conferences and events:
- Mixed Methods International Research Association International Conference, 2016 (oral presentation)
- Society for Social Medicine Annual Meeting, 2015; 2016 (poster presentation)
- NIHR Doctoral Training Camp, 2015
- Delivering Behaviour Change for Society, UCL Centre for Behaviour Change, 2015
- Psychology of Change workshop: Applying theory to designing and evaluating interventions to change behaviour, NIHR CLAHRC West Midlands, 2015
I am an Early Career Researcher member of the Society for Social Medicine
- I was Chair of the Warwick Medical School Postgraduate Research Student and Staff Liaison Committee for the academic year 2015/16. Whilst in this role, I helped to develop new webpages to enhance student interaction with the SSLC and the department; organised a cross-division networking event for Research Students and was responsible for actively seeking student views, representing them at meetings and working with the department and University to drive through improvements in the student experience.
- I organised a one year seminar series for Research Students at WMS, where we invited external speakers to talk on topics relevant to Research Students, and provided a forum for Research Students to network and practice their own presentations in an informal, friednly environment. Topics included professional development and transferable skills, digital tools for researchers, and publishing your research.
- I am a newsletter editor for the Society for Social Medicine's quarterly newsletter, liasing with researchers and health professionals to build content and keep members up-to-date on news and events in the field of Social Medicine