Lines of investigation:
- Activation and transformation of alkanes and nitrous oxide
- Supramolecular inspired encapsulating and interlocking ligand architectures
- Isolation and reaction chemistry of complexes with a low coordination number
- Organometallic chemistry of late transition metals in unusual oxidation states
- Applications of pincer ligands in organometallic chemistry and catalysis
Encapsulating ligand topologies
Interlocking ligand topologies
Phosphine and NHC ligands
Fully funded PhD studentship available (EU/UK students)
The project will explore the organometallic chemistry of alkane activation reactions from both experimental and computational perspectives and is co-supervised by Mercedes Alonso Giner at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Enquires are welcome, but should be directed as soon as possible via email; please include a current CV that details any past research work.
Previous research highlights can be found here.