4ATTENTION USERS: Please notify us if you intend to submit journal articles or present at conferences as Science City and ERDF funding must be acknowledged, and all outputs logged. Thank you!
Total accepted publications since 2012: 71
Submitted articles (3)
- O. Vavasour, R. Jeffries, M. Walker, J. Roberts, N. Meakin, et al. (paper on semiconductors), submitted to J. Mater. Chem. C
- D.-S. Park, G.J. Rees, H. Wang, D. Rata, A. Bhatnagar, et al., (paper on dielectric oxides), submitted to Adv. Mater.
- A.J. Ramadan, N.K. Noel, S. Fearn, N. Young, M. Walker, et al., (paper on perovskites), submitted to Adv. Energy Mater.
Accepted articles (2)
- K.P. Marshall, S. Tao, M. Walker, D.S. Cook, J. Lloyd-Hughes, et al., "Cs1−xRbxSnI3 light harvesting semiconductors for perovskite photovoltaics", accepted in Mater. Chem. Front.
- J. Ustarroz, I.M. Ornelas, G. Zhang, D. Perry, M. Kang, et al., "Mobility and Poisoning of Mass-Selected Platinum Nanoclusters during the Oxygen Reduction Reaction", accepted in ACS Catal.
- M. Li and A.C. van Veen, "Tuning the catalytic performance of Ni-catalysed dry reforming of methane and carbon deposition via Ni-CeO2-x interaction", Appl. Catal. B 237 (2018) 641.
- H.-C. Chen, A. Halford, M. Walker, C. Brennan, L. Stanley, et al., "Electrochemical characterization and regeneration of sulfur poisoned Pt catalysts in aqueous media", J. Electroanal. Chem. 816 (2018) 138.
- S.J. Adams, A.J. Carrod, L.A. Rochford, M. Walker and Z. Pikramenou, "Surfactant-enhanced Luminescence Lifetime for Biomolecular Detection on Luminescent Gold Surfaces Decorated with Transition Metal Complexes", ChemistrySelect 3 (2018) 3251.
- R. Genieser, M. Loveridge and R. Bhagat, "Practical high temperature (80 C) storage study of industrially manufactured Li-ion batteries with varying electrolytes", J. Power Sources 386 (2018) 85.
- G.D.M.R. Dabera, A.M. Sanchez. R. Beanland, M. Walker and R.A. Hatton, "Retarding oxidation of copper nanoparticles without electrical isolation and the size dependence of work function", Nat. Comm. 8 (2017) 1894.
- C.A. Francis, M. Jaquez, J.F. Sanchez-Royo, S.K. Vasheghani Farahani, C.F. McConville, et al., "Effects of Ni d-levels on the electronic band structure of NixCd1-xO semiconducting alloys", J. App. Phys. 122 (2017) 185703.
- K.P. Marshall, M. Walker, R.I. Walton and R.A. Hatton, "Elucidating the role of the hole-extracting electrode on the stability and efficiency of inverted CsSnI3 / C60 perovskite photovoltaics", J. Mater. Chem. A. 5 (2017) 21836.
- A.M. Eissa, P. Wilson, C.Chen, J.E. Collins, M. Walker, et al., Reversible surface functionalisation of emulsion-templated porous polymers using dithiophenol maleimide functional macromolecules, Chem. Comm. 53 (2017) 9789.
- C.I. Biggs, C. Packer, S. Hindmarsh, M. Walker, N.R. Wilson, et al., "Impact of Sequential Surface-Modification of Graphene Oxide on Ice Nucleation", Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 19 (2017) 21929.
- C. Bentley, M. Yang, F. Maddar, F. Li, M. Walker, et al., "Electrochemical Maps and Movies of the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction on Natural Crystals of Molybdenite (MoS2): Basal vs. Edge Plane Activity", Chem. Sci. 8 (2017) 6583.
- W. Xu, D. Du, R. Lan, J. Humphreys, D.N. Miller, M. Walker, Z. Wu, J.T.S. Irvine, S. Tao, "Electrodeposited NiCu bimetal on carbon paper as stable non-noble anode for efficient electrooxidation of ammonia", accepted in Appl. Catal. B.
- J.T. Cardoso, A. Garcia-Giron, J.M. Romano, D. Huerta-Murillo, R. Jagdheesh, et al., "Influence of ambient conditions on the evolution of wettability properties of an IR-, ns-laser textured aluminium alloy", RSC Adv. 7 (2017) 39617.
- T. Suzuki, J. Lawrence, M. Walker, J.M. Morbec, P. Blowey, et al., "Indium coverage of the Si(111)-√7×√3-In surface", Phys. Rev. B 96 (2017) 035412.
- W. Xu, R. Lan, D. Du, J. Humphreys, M. Walker, et al., "Directly growing hierarchical nickel-copper hydroxide nanowires on carbon fibre cloth for efficient electrooxidation of ammonia", Appl. Catal. B 218 (2017) 470.
- F. Li, O. Vavasour, M. Walker, D.M. Martin, Y.K. Sharma, et al., "SiC-Oxide Interface and MOS Structures Characterisation", Mater. Sci. Forum 897 (2017) 151.
- L. Somerville, J.M. Hooper, J. Marco, A. McGordon, C. Lyness, et al., "Impact of Vibration on the Surface Film of Lithium-ion Cells", Energies 10 (2017) 741.
- G.S. Pappas, C. Wan, C. Bowen, D.M. Haddleton and X. Huang, "Functionalization of BaTiO3 nanoparticles with electron insulating and conducting organophosphazene-based hybrid materials", RSC Adv. 7 (2017) 19674.
- N.S. Ieong, C.I. Biggs, M. Walker, M.I. Gibson, "Comparison of RAFT derived Poly(vinylpyrolidone) verses Poly(oligoethyleneglycol methacrylate) for the Stabilization of Glycosylated Gold Nanoparticles", J. Polym. Sci. A Polym. Chem. 55 (2017) 1200.
- S. Won, S.-J. Richards, M. Walker and M.I. Gibson, "Externally controllable glycan presentation on nanoparticle surfaces to modulate lectin recognition", Nanoscale Horiz. 2 (2017) 106.
- B.P. de Laune, G.J. Rees, M.J. Whitaker, H.-Y. Hah, C.E. Johnson, et al., "Oxygen Insertion Reactions within the One-Dimensional Channels of Phases Related to FeSb2O4", Inorg. Chem. 56 (2017) 594.
- J.B. Omajali, A. Hart, M. Walker, J. Wood and L.E. Macaskie, "In-Situ Catalytic Upgrading of Heavy Oil Using Dispersed Bionanoparticles Supported on Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Bacteria", Appl. Catal. B 203 (2017) 807.
- K.P. Marshall, M. Walker, R.I. Walton and R.A. Hatton, "Enhanced Efficiency and Exceptional Stability in Hole-Transport Layer Free CsSnI3 Perovskite Photovoltaics", Nature Energy 1 (2016) 16178.
- C. Bosch-Navarro, Z.P.L. Laker, A.J. Marsden, N.R. Wilson and J.P. Rourke, "Non-covalent functionalization of graphene with a hydrophilic self-limiting monolayer for macro-molecule immobilization", FlatChem 1 (2016) 52.
- S. Won, D.J. Phillips, M. Walker and M.I. Gibson, "Co-operative Transitions of Responsive-Polymer Coated Gold Nanoparticles; Precision Tuning and Direct Evidence for Co-operative Aggregation", J Mater. Chem. B 4 (2016) 5673.
- C. Bosch-Navarro, J.P. Rourke and N.R. Wilson, "Controlled electrochemical and electroless deposition of noble metal nanoparticles on graphene", RSC Adv. 6 (2016) 73790.
- C.I. Biggs, M. Walker and M.I. Gibson, "'Grafting to' of RAFTed Responsive Polymers to Glass Subrates by Thiol-ene and Critical Comparison to Thiol-Gold Coupling", Biomacromolecules 17 (2016) 2626.
- G. Zhang, M. Walker and P. Unwin, "Low-voltage Voltammetric Electrowetting of Graphite Surfaces by Ion Intercalation/De-intercalation", Langmuir 32 (2016) 7476.
- L. Otten, D. Vlachou, S.-J. Richards and M.I. Gibson, "Glycan heterogeneity on gold nanoparticles increases lectin discrimination capacity in label-free multiplexed bioassays", Analyst 141 (2016) 4305.
- G. Balakrishnan, M. Saghir, M.R. Lees, S.J. York, S.A. Hindmarsh, A.M. Sanchez, M. Walker and C.F. McConville, "Nanomaterials and Crystals of Topological Insulators and Topological Crystalline Insulators", J. Indian Inst. Sci. 96 (2016) 121.
- I. Maskery, C.W. Burrows, M. Walker, R.P. Singh, G. Balakrishnan, et al., "Bulk crystal growth and surface preparation of NiSb, MnSb and NiMnSb", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 34 (2016), 041219.
- M.S. Tyler, M. Walker and R.A. Hatton, "High performance silver window electrodes for top-illuminated organic photovoltaics using an organo-molybdenum oxide bronze inter-layer", accepted in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 8 (2016), 12316.
- M. Walker, M. Tedder, J. Palmer, J.J. Mudd and C.F. McConville, "Low temperature removal of surface oxides and hydrocarbons from Ge(100) using atomic hydrogen", Appl. Surf. Sci. 379 (2016) 1.
- A.J. Ramadan, I. Hancox, S. Huband, C.C. Parkins, S.A.F. Bon, et al., "Selecting phthalocyanine polymorphs using local chemical termination variations in copper iodide", J. Phys. Chem. C 120 (2016) 4448.
- M. Saghir, M. Walker, C.F. McConville and G. Balakrishnan, "SnTe microcrystals: surface cleaning of a topological crystalline insulator", Appl. Phys. Lett. 108 (2016) 061602.
- E. Bennett, J. Monzo, M. Walker, C.F. McConville, A. Yanson and P. Rodriguez, "A New Synthetic Route for an Effective Preparation of Metal Alloy Nanoparticles and Its Use as Active Electrocatalyst Towards the Oxidation of Formic Acid", ACS Catal. 6 (2016) 1533.
- G.S. Pappas, S. Ferrari, X. Huang, R. Bhagat, D.M. Haddleton, et al., "Heteroatom Doped-Carbon Nanospheres as Anodes in Lithium Ion Batteries", Materials 9 (2016) 35.
- D.-S. Park, H. Wang, S.K. Vasheghani Farahani, M. Walker, A. Bhatnagar et al., "Self-assembled passivation of semiconducting oxides", Scientific Reports 6 (2016) 18449.
- Z.J. Ayres, A.J. Borrill, J.C. Newland, M.E. Newton and J.V. MacPherson, "Controlled sp2 Functionalization of Boron Doped Diamond as a route for the Fabrication of Robust and Nernstian pH Electrodes", Anal. Chem. 88 (2016) 974.
- S.-J. Richards, L. Otten and M.I. Gibson, "Glycosylated gold nanoparticle libraries for label-free multiplexed lectin biosensing", J. Mater. Chem. B 4 (2016) 3046.
- H.R. Thomas, D. Phillips, N.R. Wilson, M.I. Gibson and J.P. Rourke, "One-step grafting of polymers to graphene oxide", Polym. Chem. 6 (2015) 8270.
- G. Nomthandazo Ngubeni, J. Britton, J. Mack, E. New, I. Hancox, M. Walker, et al., "Spectroscopic and nonlinear optical properties of the four positional isomers of 4α-(4-tert-butylphenoxy)phthalocyanine", J. Mater. Chem. C 3 (2015) 10705.
- A. Pitto-Barry, L.M.A. Perdigao, M. Walker, J. Lawrence, G. Costantini, et al., "Synthesis and controlled growth of osmium nanoparticles by electron irradiation", Dalton Transactions 44 (2015) 20308.
- C.I. Hiley, D.O. Scanlon, A.A. Sokol, S.M. Woodley, A.M. Ganose, et al., "Antiferromagnetism at T > 500 K in the Layered Hexagonal Ruthenate SrRu2O6", Phys. Rev. B 92 (2015) 104413.
- C. Bosch-Navarro, Z.P.L. Laker, H.R. Thomas, A.J. Marsden, J. Sloan, et al., "Covalently Binding Atomically Designed Au9 Clusters to Chemically Modified Graphene", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54 (2015) 9560.
- C. Bosch-Navarro, M. Walker, N.R. Wilson and J.P. Rourke, "Covalent modification of exfoliated fluorographite with nitrogen functionalities", J. Mater. Chem. C 3 (2015) 7627.
- K.P. Marshall, R.I. Walton and R.A. Hatton, "Tin perovskite/fullerene planar layer photovoltaics: improving the efficiency and stability of lead-free devices", J. Mater. Chem. A 3 (2015) 11631.
- G.E. Wood, A.J. Marsden, J.J. Mudd, M. Walker, M. Asensio, et al., "van der Waals epitaxy of monolayer hexagonal boron nitride on copper foil: growth, crystallography and electronic band structure", 2d Materials 2 (2015) 025003.
- I.U. Unalan, C. Wan, S. trabattoni, L. Piergiovannia and S. Farris, "Polysaccharide-assisted rapid exfoliation of graphite platelets into high quality water-dispersible graphene sheets", RSC Advances 5 (2015) 26482.
- M.S. Tyler, O.S. Hutter, M. Walker and R.A. Hatton, "A Silver-Free, Reflective Substrate Electrode for Electron Extraction in Top-Illuminated Organic Photovoltaics", ChemPhysChem 16 (2015) 1203.
- K.I. Doig, J.J.P. Peters, S. Nawaz, D. Walker, M. Walker, et al., "Structural, optical and vibrational properties of self-assembled Pbn+1(Ti1−xFex)nO3n+1 Ruddlesden-Popper superstructures", Scientific Reports 5 (2015) 7719.
- O.S. Hutter and R.A. Hatton, "A Hybrid Copper:Tungsten Suboxide Window Electrode for Organic Photovoltaics", Adv. Mater. 27 (2015) 326.
- C.I. Biggs, S. Edmondson and M.I. Gibson, "Thiol–ene immobilisation of carbohydrates onto glass slides as a simple alternative to gold–thiol monolayers, amines or lipid binding", Biomater. Sci. 3 (2015) 175.
- E. New, I. Hancox, L.A. Rochford, M. Walker, C. Argent Dearden, C.F. McConville and T.S. Jones, "Organic photovoltaic cells utilising ZnO electron extraction layers produced through thermal conversion of ZnSe", J. Mater. Chem. A 2 (2014) 19201.
- S. K. Vasheghani Farahani, T. D. Veal, J. J. Mudd, D. O. Scanlon, G. W. Watson, et al., "Valence-band density of states and surface electron accumulation in epitaxial SnO2 films", Phys. Rev. B 90 (2014) 155413.
- D.-S. Park, S.K. Vasheghani Farahani, M. Walker, J.J. Mudd, et al., "Recrystallization of highly-mismatched Be(x)Zn(1-x)O alloys: Formation of a degenerate interface", Appl. Mater. Interfaces 6 (2014) 18758.
- N.K. Unsworth, I. Hancox, C. Argent Dearden, P. Sullivan, M. Walker, et al., "Comparison of dimethyl sulfoxide treated highly conductive poly (3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene): poly(styrenesulfonate) electrodes for use in indium tin oxide-free organic electronic photovoltaic devices", Organic Electronics 15 (2014) 2624.
- H.R. Thomas, A.J. Marsden, M. Walker, N.R. Wilson and J.P. Rourke, "Sulfur-functionalized graphene oxide by epoxide ring-opening", Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 53 (2014) 7613.
- C. Argent Dearden, M. Walker, N. Beaumont, I. Hancox, N.K. Unsworth, et al., "High voltage hybrid organic photovoltaics using a zinc oxide acceptor and a subphthalocyanine donor", Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 16 (2014) 18926.
- K. Razmkhah, N.P. Chmel, M.I. Gibson and A. Rodger, "Oxidized polyethylene ﬁlms for orienting polar molecules for linear dichroism spectroscopy", Analyst 139 (2014) 1372.
- D.-S. Park, J.J. Mudd, M. Walker, A. Krupski, D. Seghier, et al., "Pinning effect on the band gap modulation of crystalline BexZn1−xO alloy films grown on Al2O3(0001)", Cryst. Eng. Comm. (2014).
- C.W. Burrows, A. Dobbie, M. Myronov, T.P.A. Hase, S.B. Wilkins, et al., "Heteroepitaxial Growth of Ferromagnetic MnSb(0001) Films on Ge/Si(111) Virtual Substrates" Cryst. Growth Des. 13 (2013) 4923.
- A.J. Marsden, M.-C. Asensio, J. Avila, P. Dudin, A. Barinov, P. Moras, P.M. Sheverdyaeva, T.W. White, I. Maskery, G. Costantini, N.R. Wilson and G.R. Bell, "Is graphene on copper doped?", Phys. Stat. Sol. RRL 7 (2013) 643.
- W.M. Linart, J. Chai, C.F. McConville, S.M. Durbin and T.D. Veal, "Sulfur passivation of surface electrons in highly Mg-doped InN", J. Appl. Phys. 114 (2013) 103702.
- L.A. Hutton, J.G. Iacobini, E. Bitziou, R.B. Channon, M.E. Newton, et al., "Examination of the Factors Affecting the Electrochemical Performance of Oxygen Terminated Polycrystalline Boron Doped Diamond Electrodes", Anal. Chem. 85 (2013) 7230.
- N.R. Wilson, A. Marsden, M. Saghir, C. Bromley, R. Schaub, G.Costantini, T. White, et al., "Weak mismatch epitaxy and structural feedback in graphene growth on copper foil", Nano Research 6 (2013) 99.
- I. Hancox, L. Rochford, D. Clare, M. Walker, J.J. Mudd, P. Sullivan, S. Schumann, C.F. McConville and T. Jones, "Optimisation of a High Work Function Solution Processed Vanadium Oxide Hole Extracting Layer for Small Molecule and Polymer Organic Photovoltaic Cells", J. Phys. Chem 117 (2012) 49.
- O. Tuna, W.M. Linhart, E.V. Lutsenko, M.V. Rzheutski, G.P. Yablonskii, T.D. Veal, C.F. McConville, C. Giesen, H. Kalisch, A. Vescan and M. Heuken, "Structural, electrical and optical characterisation of MOCVD grown In-rich InGaN layers", J. Cryst. Growth 358 (2012) 51.
- J.D. Aldous, C.W. Burrows, I. Maskery, M. Brewer, D. Pickup, M. Walker, J.J. Mudd, T.P.A. Hase, J.A. Duffy, S. Wilkins, C. Sanchez-Hanke and G.R. Bell, "Growth and Characterisation of NiSb(0001)/GaAs(111)B epitaxial films", J. Cryst. Growth 357 (2012) 1.
- W.M. Linhart, Ö. Tuna, T.D. Veal, J.J. Mudd, C. Giesen, M. Heuken and C.F. McConville, "Surface electronic properties of In-rich InGaN alloys grown by MOCVD", Phys. Stat. Sol. (c), 9 (2012) 662.
Selected Conference Presentations
- 2013 Surface Science Summer Seminars - XPS/ARPES/UPS/LEED data included in 13 talks.
- C.L. Argent Dearden et al., "Zinc Oxide in Hybrid Organic Photovoltaics", University of Toronto, Canada, 2013 (Invited talk).
- G.R. Bell, "Metal on graphene and graphene on metal: nanocluster growth, mismatch epitaxy and electronic structure", 19th Interdisciplinary Surface Science Conference (ISSC-19), Notingham, UK, 2013 (Invited talk).
- G.B. Jones et al., "Using self-assembled monolayers in organic thin-film transistors", Merck CASE Award Conference, 2013 (Oral presentation).
- G.B. Jones et al., "Using self-assembled monolayers in organic thin-film transistors", 11th International Conference on Materials Chemistry (MC11), University of Warwick, UK, 2013 (Oral presentation).
- N.K. Unsworth et al., "Highly Conductive, Spray Deposited PEDOT:PSS Electrodes for ITO-free Organic Photovoltaics", 11th International Conference on Materials Chemistry (MC11), University of Warwick, UK, 2013 (Poster presentation).
- C.L. Argent Dearden et al., "High Voltage Hybrid Organic Photovoltaics using a Zinc Oxide Acceptor alongside a Boron Subphthalocyanine Chloride Donor", 11th International Conference on Materials Chemistry (MC11), University of Warwick, UK, 2013 (Oral presentation).
- C.L. Argent Dearden, M. Walker et al., "High voltage hybrid organic photovoltaics using a zinc oxide acceptor", 5th International Conference on Hybrid and Organic Photovoltaics (HOPV13), Seville, Spain (Oral presentation), 2013.
- N.K. Unsworth et al., "Highly Conductive, Spray Deposited PEDOT:PSS Electrodes for ITO-free Organic Photovoltaics", Next-Generation Organic Photovoltaics Conference, Groningen, Netherlands (Poster presentation), 2013.
- N.K. Unsworth et al., "Highly Conductive, Spray Deposited PEDOT:PSS Electrodes for ITO-free Organic Photovoltaics", 2012 MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, USA (Oral presentation).
- G.B. Jones et al., "Tailoring TIPS-pentacene Active Layers in OTFTs Using Self-assembled Monolayers with Improved Threshold Voltage and Device Stability", 2012 MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, USA (Poster presentation).
- J.J. Mudd et al., "Angle resolved photoemission of CdO quantized subbands", CMD-24 / ECOSS-29, Edinburgh, 2012 (Oral presentation).
- E. Davis et al., "Sulfur passivation of InN surfaces", CMD-24 / ECOSS-29, Edinburgh, 2012 (Oral presentation).
- C.B. Antunes Casteleiro et al., "Electrical and structural properties of thermally grown GeO2 on epitaxial Ge on Si(001) substrate", CMD-24 / ECOSS-29, Edinburgh, 2012 (Poster presentation).
- M. Walker et al., "The CdO(001) surface: photoemission, ion scattering and low energy electron diffraction studies", CMD-24 / ECOSS-29, Edinburgh, 2012 (Poster presentation).
- M. Walker et al., "Polarity Determination of GaN(0001) and InN(0001) Surfaces", CMD-24 / ECOSS-29, Edinburgh, 2012 (Poster presentation).