Enhanced Induction Event 2023
We are delighted to invite you to join us at our Enhanced Induction event for incoming undergraduate students from Widening Participation backgrounds.
Date: Wednesday 20 September
Time: 3:00 - 4:30pm (UK Time)
Location: Online (MS Teams Live Event)
Whilst transitioning to university may be a worrying prospect for all students, we recognise that some students, including those from widening participation backgrounds, may face different challenges. We are here to help you now and throughout the duration of your studies.
What's in store?
In this event, you will have the opportunity to
- Have an early introduction to key support staff from the Department of Economics
- Receive helpful guidance and tips on transitioning from A Level to undergraduate studies
- Find out more about the bespoke support available to WP students once you arrive
- Meet current students from similar backgrounds
- Ask any questions and address concerns or worries
Hear more about this event from Dr Lory Barile, Widening Participation Lead in the Department of Economics in this short video:
What is a Widening Participation (WP) background?
Students who come from a WP background are home students who fall into one or more of the categories below:
- You were eligible for Free School Meals while at secondary school
- You come from a socio-economic background where your household income is below £35,001
- You come from an area with low progression rates to higher education
- You are in receipt of a Warwick Bursary or other means-tested financial support
- You are a student with disabilities - including seen and unseen disabilities, specific learning differences, mental health difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder or any other disabling condition
- You are a mature student who entered higher education over the age of 21
- You have spent time in local authority care, either in a foster home or a group home
- You are an estranged student who is not supported by their parents
- You have caring responsibilities - this could include, physical, practical or emotional care
- Neither of your parents attended university and gained a degree (e.g. BA/BSc or equivalent) - excluding if they were/are a mature student
If you have any accessibility requirements for this online event, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst your attendance is highly recommended, please confirm your attendance by registering your place using the form below.