Note that for each accepted paper at least one participant must register by 14 February 2008 in order for the paper to be included in the symposium schedule and handbook.
CO 2008 is based on the campus of the University of Warwick at the outer skirts of Coventry. The campus was recently voted the best campus in the UK. It’s a lively, cosmopolitan place with its own shops, banks, bars and restaurants. We therefore offer and encourage all participants to stay on campus.
On campus accommodation
All accommodation on campus consists of rooms with a single bed. Two full packages are available: one with ensuite room accommodation and one with standard room accommodation (one bathroom and toilet to 4-5 bedrooms; all bedrooms have a basin; bedrooms are in mixed sex corridors). Check-in is Sunday, check out Wednesday. The full board option further includes breakfast (Mon-Wed), lunch (Mon-Wed), a welcome reception on Sunday evening and a dinner on Monday evening (the conference dinner on Tuesday can be booked separately, see below). And of course it also includes participation in all sessions and inter-session refreshments.
Note that a limited number of ensuite rooms are available and will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
For students (proof of student status required), a 25 GBP reduction on the standard accommodation registration fee is available.
Off campus accommodation
If you would like to live off campus, keep in mind that close-by accommodation options are limited. Public transport from Coventry city centre takes approximately 30 minutes. For those that anyway opt for this possibility, a off-campus registration package is available. This only includes participation in all sessions, inter-session refreshments, and the welcome reception on Sunday evening. It neither includes lunches nor the dinner on Monday.
In addition you can register for an excursion with conference dinner on Tuesday evening. The conference dinner will be held in St. Mary's Guildhall, Coventry's historic premier hall situated in the heart of Coventry alongside the world famous Cathedral. Prior to the dinner, we will offer the possibility to explore the Coventry city centre, including the three churches (old Cathedral, new Cathedral, Holy Trinity church) and/or the Coventry Transport museum (admission free of charge). A guided tour will be organized for those interested.
The registration fees are as follows (in GBP; 1 GBP = approx. 1.33 EUR = approx. 1.97 USD):
Until 14 Feb 2008
- Full package, ensuite accommodation, regular fee: £ 350
- Full package, standard accommodation, regular fee: £ 300
- Full package, standard accommodation, student fee: £ 275 (proof of student status required, a fax should be sent to +44 (0)24 7652 4539 mentioning CO 2008)
- Participation only fee: £ 150
After 14 Feb 2008
- Full package, ensuite accommodation, regular fee: £ 400
- Full package, standard accommodation, regular fee: £ 350
- Full package, standard accommodation, student fee: £ 325 (proof of student status required, a fax should be sent to +44 (0)24 7652 4539 mentioning CO 2008)
- Participation only fee: £ 200
Fees for extras
- Excursion and conference dinner in Coventry city centre on Tuesday: £ 40
- Excursion to Warwick Castle on Wednesday afternoon: £ TBA depending on the number of pariticipants (ticket price for an individual visit is £ 17.95)
- Extra night 19/20 March 2008: you can extend your stay with one more night for £ 59 (standard accommodation) or £ 85 (ensuite accommodation)