Welcome to the SIB Group
Strategy and International Business (SIB) is one of the largest subject groups at WBS.
SIB faculty teach across the entire range of Undergraduate, MBA, Executive Education, and MSc programmes (MSc International Business, MSc Marketing & Strategy, MSc Management)
SIB organised the Mergers and Acquisitions: State of the Art in Research and Practice conference which took place in April 2019 at the Shard in London. The convenor was Koen Heimeriks.
Areas of Interest
SIB conducts world-class research in the areas of strategy and international business, employing a variety of research approaches. Our areas of interest include:
- Modes and processes of internationalization,
- Knowledge transfer in multinationals
- Strategy process and practice
- The effects of firm internationalisation host and source countries
- Innovation dynamics
- Technology and market emergence
- Complexity and uncertainty
- Behavioral strategy
Our research approaches include:
- Econometric and statistical analysis
- Formal and computational modeling
- Qualitative case studies
- Discourse analysis and ethnography
Details of books published by our faculty are also available.
Leading visiting scholars, internal faculty and PhD students present their research in the SIB seminar series.
2.131 Scarman Road Building (second floor)
Warwick Business School
The University of Warwick
Coventry, CV4 7AL
sib at wbs dot ac dot uk
Tel: +44 (0)24 7652 3671