Originally pubished 12 December 2001
The results of the 2001 RAE again confirm our position as one of the UK’s leading research universities. Staff across the University are celebrating increased ratings since the last RAE in 1996. Warwick Business School has become one of only three UK Business Schools to receive the highest possible 5* rating. Italian has moved up three grades to a rating of 5, and Chemistry, Philosophy and Politics and International Studies have moved from 3 to 5.
- Over 91% of Warwick research staff are now in the top 5 and 5* categories: almost double the figure for the 1996 RAE.
- The number of 5* rated departments has also doubled to six.
- 25 out of 26 departments are now rated 5 or 5*.
- The Vice-Chancellor congratulates all Warwick staff on achieving this excellent result.
Warwick's 5* Departments:
- English and Comparative Literary Studies
- Mathematics (Applied)
- Theatre Studies
- Warwick Business School