You are not alone, the benefits of stopping to take a break are well known ? you come back to your work refreshed and ready for a more efficient afternoon.
We wouldn't dream of advising our students to work solidly, as we know that it affects productivity - so why do we expect to do it ourselves?
On campus we are fortunate to have a variety of eating establishments and a pleasant landscape.
Recent research by Office Angels proves that even a ten-minute walk can help to make you feel happier and more alert.
Let's face it though, we live and work in Britain and on typical days - a usual forecast by the Met Centre being: minimum 3ºC, maximum 13ºC with thunder storms - you don't always want to be outside enjoying the wonders of nature!
This is where some of the University's other events and facilities come into play. Why not:
- Attend Perspectives in the Mead Gallery - 15-minute lunchtime tours with prominent academics
- Go to Brown Bag Lunches - lunchtime sessions, covering the functions of various departments and particular developments or initiatives of interest to staff across the University
- Join one of the University's Sports classes - including volleyball, basketball and many different fitness classes
- Lunch in the Sutherland Staff Lounge for a change of scene
- Attend a free Lunchtime Concert in the Ensemble Room of the Music Centre
Campus Life has a lot to offer all of us ? why not take advantage of it?
If you run lunchtime activities that you would like advertised on insite then email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jose Arroyo - http://www.communicate.warwick.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=211&id=984
Gad Heuman - http://www.communicate.warwick.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=211&id=985
Jonathan Vickery - http://www.communicate.warwick.ac.uk/index.cfm?page=211&id=986
Lunchtime Concerts - in the Ensemble Room of the Music Centre
every Thursday of term 1.10 - 2.00pm. Entry is free and there is a great
variety of chamber music over the year. Details from the Music Centre.
Brown Bag Lunches - http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/admintraining/prog/
Sports Classes - http://www.warwick.ac.uk/services/SportsCentre/tuition.htm