A brand new range of 'Warwick ready' IBM laptops available at special discount prices under the Student Computer Purchase Scheme. See http://www.warwick.ac.uk/pc for more details.
What are the new offers?
Staff can also make private purchases and there is now a wide range of computer peripherals and consumables too.
What do I get?
All the laptops are preinstalled with 'Warwick Ready' software and have been tested for ease of connection to the University networks. They come with:
- A 802.11b standard wireless Ethernet card for connection to the Wireless Hotspots link text
- An Ethernet card and cable for connection to http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/its/facilities/residences/or the Campus Network
- A range of essential software including Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition, Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition and Novell GroupWise Native client V6
- A CD-RW unit for backing up your data
- 3 years of System Support available from the campus Service Point run by Norsk Data
- 3 years of international warranty service available from the campus Service Point
What else do I need to know?The complete package does not however include a carry case. IT Services recommend that you buy a suitable ruck sack separately, this is to avoid there being large numbers of identical and easily identifed cases on campus.
It is also highly recommended that you insure your computer and other property at University. An option may be for your parents to extend their household policy to cover you. Otherwise Endsleigh Insurance specialises in providing student insurance and has an office on the campus.
How can I buy?
You can browse, choose and buy online. Delivery within the UK normally takes up to seven days.
Where can I get more information?IT Services have prepared a microsite with all the information that you are likely to need both before making a decision and during purchase.
If you need to contact somebody for further information then ring 024 76 575000 during office hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org