What's This Way Up?
Last year Warwick Arts Centre played host to This Way Up, a tour featuring young, innovative theatre companies, it was such a success that the Battersea Arts Centre sponsored project has been invited back to Warwick this week. The Arts Centre will play host to five plays in two weeks, showcasing the newest talent in British theatre allowing us all a chance to see the best of new British writing.
Special Offer for insite Readers
The Arts Centre is offering insite readers a £10 festival carnet ticket which will get you in to all of the shows on the This Way Up tour. Individual tickets for each show cost £8 (£5.50 concessions), so even if you only see two of the shows on offer you stand to make a saving of between £1 and £6.
Buy your This Way Up carnet from the Arts Centre Box Office (for the absolutely bargain price of £10) today and redeem it against tickets for each show that you want to see.
What are the shows?
1. Chinese Whispers is a performance poetry piece which draws on performer Francesca Beard's direct experience of conflicting cultures to comment on the world through the eyes of an outsider.
2. I Am Thicker Than Water is based on Simon Farnaby's own family of gamblers and mixes stand up and drama to bring to life three generations of men with a shared passion for betting.
3. Adam's Apple mixes physical performance and cello and guitar music in a cycle of songs by Sharpwire.
4. In the Beginning is the comic story of three Italian brothers travelling the world and dealing with their intense sibling rivalry.
5. Spaceman is a family show with an imaginative blend of theatre, drawing and music guaranteed to leave children of all ages enthusing about space.