Nine schools are taking part in a national business competition organised by the University of Warwick and sponsored by Goldman Sachs Foundation.
The schools are:
- Woodlands School in Coventry
- St John Wall Humanities College in Birmingham
- Holgate School in Hucknall in Nottinghamshire
- Tupton School in Chesterfield
- Moat Community College in Leicester
- Jack Hunt School in Peterborough
- Harvey Grammar School in Folkstone
- Barr Beacon Language College in Walsall
- All Saints Catholic School and Technology College in Barking and Dagenham
"The Big Deal 2008" teams up groups of 2-5 year 10 school students with a mentor from a top company to produce a new business idea and work up a full business plan for that enterprise.
The winning team with be awarded with a weekend tour of a number of key London business organisations and companies including the Bank of England.
The competition begins with a business conference for all the teams to be held at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick on Monday 14th of April.
There will be an opportunity to talk to and photograph the teams at 2.45pm on Monday 14th of April when each team will have just completed a business exercise to design and market a new shoe.
For further information please contact:
Peter Dunn, Press and Media Relations Manager University of Warwick
02476 523708 email@example.com or Mobile 07767 655860
PR29 11th April 2008