Counselling is a growing need in a range of situations but each year brings not only new clients for new techniques, codes of practice and regulation that Counsellors are obliged to stay on top of while trying to actually deliver counselling.
Now the University of Warwick has designed a new range of short courses specially designed to give counsellors the latest knowledge they are required to know in a way that can fit around their actual work, while meeting their obligations to continue their professional development particularly for accreditation purposes.
Mandy Flockhart from HMP Onley Counselling Service has already attended one of the first of these new courses. She said:
"It was a real pleasure to attend the three day CPD course on "Working with clients with psychological disorders and mental health issues". The full programme, delivered by highly knowledgeable tutors, not only deepened my understanding of the subject, the impact on clients and the increased need to care for self, it also enhanced my effectiveness when communicating with mental health services. It was delivered in a safe environment with fantastic facilities conducive to growth and learning.”
The courses on offer from the University of Warwick include:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who have psychological disorders and mental health issues
- ‘Seeing beyond the psychiatric labels’
- Creative Approaches to working with clients in Person-centred Counselling Psychotherapy
- ‘When words are not enough....’ - an opportunity to work with all the senses and to find ways of bringing more creativity into your therapeutic practice.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who have been abused
- ‘Understanding the impacts of abuse’
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who misuse drugs & alcohol
- ‘Finding a way through the maze of addiction and dependency’
All the modules in this new CPD program are open to qualified counsellors and psychotherapists. You can apply to attend any or all of them. Each module runs for 3 days, from 9:00am to 4:30pm in the new Westwood Teaching Block, on the University of Warwick’s Westwood Campus.
The University will also soon announce a special advanced Diploma in the Supervision of Person-centred Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
Full details on the courses are available at: www.warwick.ac.uk/cll/counselling
Anyone interested in finding out more on these courses should contact: 024 7652 3831 or email@example.com
Contact details for anyone wishing to contact Mandy Flockhart are available from Peter Dunn details below:
For further information please contact:
Peter Dunn, Head of Communications, University of Warwick
44 (0)24 76 523708
mobile/cell +44 (0)7767 655860
PR175 21st December 2010