Could your idea improve
Research Culture at Warwick?
The Research Culture Sandpit is a an interactive in-person workshop open to PhD students, new and established researchers, technicians and professional services colleagues.
Meet collaborators, build teams and apply for internal grants up to £10K.
Tuesday 27 February 2024
Arrival and lunch (Oculus foyer)
‘Research Culture at Warwick and Beyond – Opportunities to Make a Change’, Dr Rika Nair, Research Culture Manager, R&IS
Showcase of current Enhancing Research Culture project - Dr Sarah Bennett, Research Technology Facility Manager, School of Life Sciences
Research Culture Icebreaker (working in pairs or threes around a research culture challenge of your choice)
Showcase of current Enhancing Research Culture projects, Dr Craig Carnegie, Research Fellow, WMG; Adele Kenny, Research Culture Officer, WMS.
Informal networking, drop-in for feedback on proposal ideas
- At the event, there will be an opportunity to learn more about research culture developments at Warwick and beyond.
- There will also be updates from some of the project teams who have previously received Enhancing Research Culture Funding.
- Through guided networking and a mini roadmapping activity, participants will meet potential internal collaborators and have time to develop project proposals together.
- A simple proposal template will be provided and can be submitted by 1 March.
This template will include the project title, team composition and outline of the proposed research culture activity.
- Following an initial assessment, teams will be encouraged to submit more detailed budgets and project plans within two weeks.
- Projects will run from April-June. All funding must be spent by July 2024.
Research culture impacts everybody involved in research.
Together, we support an inclusive culture for our research project teams.
We are committed to encouraging inclusion from diverse groups, and for this activity, we welcome attendance from people at all career stages and from under-represented groups.