Born 1921 in Poland
After the Second World War Kapolka came to London to train as an architect. In the late 1940s he was recruited by the architectural practice of Yorke Rosenberg Mardell, becoming the right-hand man of Eugene Rosenberg who designed the first phase of building for Warwick University. He was a member of the English Society of Industrial Artists and Designers.
From the 1950s Kapolka was also regularly painting, for some of his work he used imagery abstracted from nature painted in thick impasto using a sombre palette in which black, grey and ochre dominated but for another aspect of his painting he adopted a starkly geometric style exploring brighter colour relationships, as represented in the Warwick example.