Skip to main content

St Ives Pottery

The pottery was established by Bernard Leach (1887 - 1978) and his partner Shoji Hamada in 1920.  Leach remained at St Ives until 1932 when he began to teach at Dartington and left the pottery under the management of David, his son.  The pottery wares increased in demand in the post - war period largely due, no doubt, to the publication of Leach's A Potter's book, 1940.  Leach returned to St Ives and continued potting until 1972.

Casserole