Information from the International Office website: Partners and children can pay to become members of Warwick Sport. A number of membership schemes are on offer for the various sporting facilities available, from aerobics classes to rock climbing, swimming to fitness training and much more. Family cards are available. Children under 6 do not require a family card.
It should be noted that University sporting facilities have not been designed with children in mind. There are not currently any sports classes for children on campus. However, the city of Coventry has a Sports Centre in nearby Canley (approximately 1km from central campus) providing a range of sporting facilities and classes. See the Family membership offers at the Sports Centre
The International Office provide some very comprehensive information for students bringing their families to the UK and you can find help with childcare and schooling, visas for dependants, accommodation for families, health, finance, travel and social events and support etc
Did you know about the Education Department within the Arts Centre?
The Department manages a broad educational programme for the Arts Centre and their work includes:
- selecting plays for the weekend Family programme and for schools
- organising workshops and talks to accompany performances
- running half-term arts activities
- running four Youth Theatre groups
- fundraising for and managing an ambitious programme of home-grown arts education projects.
- delivering one of the country’s most comprehensive cinema programmes for National Youth Film Festival