What is Collaborate?
Collaborate allows lecturers and staff to schedule synchronous virtual classroom and webinar meetings. There are a range of tools for moderators such as a virtual white board, screen sharing, web tours and polling. Participants can communicate through text chat, as well as using a microphone or web cam when permitted. Collaborate can be very useful in distance learning as well as when using a blended approach. Warwick has integrated Collaborate with Moodle to allow for easy scheduling of sessions as well as convenient user management.
We are piloting an institution-wide site licence until spring 2017. If you’re interested to learn more and have a trial, we’re keen to hear from you.
How do I use it?
If you are running a Collaborate session, why not download these documents and send them to you participants?
Benefits of Collaborate
- Create and participate in real time teaching sessions
- Share desktop and interactive whiteboards
- Record sessions for review
- Integrate with Moodle module spaces
- Use on a wide range of computers & mobile devices
- Incorporate students, academics & experts from any location into your live sessions.