This guide describes how to share an eStream video with a link.
To upload a video to eStream, see our Uploading videos in the eStream portal guide.
Please note, sharing via a link will compromise the security of your content. If you share content via a link it can be passed on.
Sharing with students and staff within the University
- Login to eStream using your University username and password.
- Click on your name in the top right corner to navigate to the video.
- Select My home.
- Click on the 'Media' tab and navigate to the video you want to share and click on the video title.
- Under the Details tab, click on Share and select Share by Web link.
- Under Options change Unrestricted Access to Always.
- Copy the URL on the left-hand side and share it. Users will be asked to log in to eStream, with their University username and password, before they can view the video.
Sharing outside of the University
- Follow steps 1-6 above.
- Tick Bypass Authentication. This will allow users to view the video without having to log in to eStream.
- Copy the URL on the left-hand side, and share it.
If you only want a video to be accessed for a short time, you can limit the access by changing 'Unrestricted Access' to a number of days.
The information on this page relates to eStream and was last updated March 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle