Pages are added from 'pages and collections' under the create section of the main menu.
Pages consist of a selection of artefacts which you arrange and present to others. These may include:
- selected files
- CV details
- journal posts
- video and audio files
- social media links
You can re-use artefacts that you create in as many pages as you wish.
How do I create a page?
Pages are created using the Add button on the Portfolio landing page.
This will open a pop up box in which you can choose to create a page or a collection.
Select page, and this will open the add a new page window.
Fill in the details for:
- Page title* - provide a title for your page. If you do not enter a title, the default “Untitled” will appear.
- Page description - write a brief description summarising this page. It will appear on the page itself.
- Tags - enter tags to find your page more easily at a later stage. You can choose from your existing tags by starting to type a letter and then selecting the tag you want to use. You can also type a new tag, and it is added to your list of tags.
Next, click on 'advanced' to open these additional, mostly non-mandatory, page settings.
- Instructions - pages can be set up with instructions that sit at the top of the page rather than needing to use a block for that.
- Lock blocks - lock blocks to a page preventing their deletion from the page by setting this to yes.
- Name display format - choose how you want your name to appear on the page to others.
*These are mandatory fields, all the others can be left blank if you choose.
Select Layout if you want to set a specific layout for this page at the point of creation. This can be done later when adding content to the page. The page will be added with 3 columns by default unless amended.
Finally, click the Save button to save your changes and to continue to the Edit content stage.
See this page in the Mahara.org user guide for more information on the Page editor
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle