Mahara has been updated in version 20.04 to have a flexible grid-based layout where blocks can be dragged and dropped in locations, resized both vertically and horizontally in order to best suit the content added.
The grid is based on boostrap and is therefore 12 columns wide. Blocks can span any number of columns and rows.
For all editable pages (dashboard, profile page, and standard pages):
- Turn on editing by clicking on the pencil edit icon
- Drag and drop blocks into the required location by clicking and holding the mouse pointer on the block header where the move icon appears. A faint dotted grey line will indicate the location the block will appear in.
- Resize blocks by clicking, holding and dragging the resize icon at the bottom right of the block. You may need to move blocks after resizing to tidy the layout.
- Rename blocks by clicking on the edit cog on the block header. Amend the title, and click Save.
- Delete blocks by clicking on the trash icon on the block header. If this is not present, then blocks have been locked in the advanced options by the page creator.
See this page in the Mahara.org user guide for more information on the Page editor
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle