Mahara uses the same 'single sign on' details as other Warwick services such as tabula, email and web pages.
You will see the 'Welcome to Mahara at Warwick' screen.
Click on the 'Login' button on right hand side.
If you are not currently logged in, the Warwick Single Sign on page will open.
Type your University username into the Username field, and the associated password into the Password field (these are the same details that you use to access tabula, departmental web pages, and/or your email). You should also select a time period for the browser to remember your details and to keep you signed in for.
Click Sign in, and if you have not used this browser previously, you will be taken to the Two-factor authentication screen.
For more information on this, please visit https://warwick.ac.uk/sso/help/twostep
This will take you to your Mahara Dashboard and you will have successfully accessed Mahara.
Troubleshooting if you are unable to login to Mahara
- Check that your details are working for moodle.warwick.ac.uk or warwick.ac.uk/insite. If your login details are not working for other services, you should contact the Help Desk on 024 765 73737 to reset your password.
- Try a different web browser - Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer. Sometimes temporary internet files can stop the single sign on process from redirecting to or authenticating you with Mahara. Contact the Help Desk for assistance with clearing these files.
- If you are a new starter, you will not be able to access immediately as your details will not have been transferred into Mahara yet. Try accessing again the following morning.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 18.10 and was last updated December 2018.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Enable Warwick Guest Access
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Grant extensions for assessments in Moodle
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- eStream mobile app
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle