You will see the Welcome to Mahara at Warwick screen.
Click on the Login to MyPortfolio button on right-hand side. If you are already logged in, you will be taken straight into Mahara.
However, if you are not currently logged in, the Warwick Single Sign-on page will open.
- Type your University username into the Username field, and the associated password into the Password field (these are the same details that you use to access Tabula, departmental web pages and your email). You should also select a time period for the browser to remember your details and to keep you signed in for.
- Click Sign in, and if you have not used this browser previously, you will be taken to the Two-factor authentication screen. For more information on this, please visit https://warwick.ac.uk/sso/help/twostep
- Type in the Verification code generated in your App or sent to you via text message, set the period for which you will not be asked for a code on this browser again, and click Sign in.
This will take you to your Mahara Dashboard and you will have successfully accessed Mahara.
Troubleshooting if you are unable to login to Mahara
- Check that your details are working for moodle.warwick.ac.uk or warwick.ac.uk/insite. If your login details are not working for other services, you should go to http://warwick.ac.uk/forgotpassword or contact the Help Desk on 024 765 73737 to reset your password.
- Try a different web browser - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Edge. Sometimes temporary internet files can stop the single sign-on process from redirecting to or authenticating you with Mahara. Contact the Help Desk for assistance with clearing these files.
- If you are a new starter, you will not be able to access immediately as your details will not have been transferred into Mahara. Try accessing again after 24 hours.
The information on this page relates to Mahara 20.04 and was last updated August 2020.
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system