This guide explains what labels are, and how to add and use them.
What are Labels?
Labels are a highly versatile activity type that can be used to improve the appearance of a course. They can hold text, tables, images, videos and links and can be inserted into the course page between links to other resources and activities. They can therefore be used to:
- Split up a long list of activities with a sub-heading or an image.
- Display embedded content such as a video directly on the course page.
Add a short description or instructions for students to a course section.
Labels are not Pages
Whilst labels can hold a lot of information, they are not the most appropriate option for this. Labels are suited to small amounts of text and individual videos that need to appear on the main course page, for example. More than this may introduce a cluttered feel and cause the space to be more difficult to navigate.
Add a Label
- Turn on editing
- Click on Add an activity or resource
- Select Label from the Resource section
- Add text, images, media and snippets to the Label content area.
- Click save and return to course
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Groups and groupings
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle