A 'Label' enables text and multimedia to be inserted into the course page in between links to other resources and activities. 'Labels' are very versatile and can help to improve the appearance of a course if used thoughtfully.
Labels may be used:
- To split up a long list of activities with a sub-heading or an image.
- To display embedded content such as a video directly on the course page.
To add a short description to a course section.
1. Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the Section/Topic where you want the 'Label' to be.
2. Choose 'Label' from the list of 'Resources' and click the 'Add' button.
3. Create your 'Label' contents in the 'Label text' box, this can include text, images and embedded content such as YouTube. Notice you can switch to HTML to paste embed codes using the icon.
TIP: Use a 'pre-defined template' to add a bit of colour and improve the appearance of your course. A number of templates are available by clicking on the icon.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and Click 'Save and return to course'.
4. You can move a 'Label' within and between sections by dragging and dropping use the icon to the left of the resource (Tip: This is true of all resources and activities in Moodle - notice in the screen-shot below each resource has a icon asssociated with it).
For more advanced guidance on using a Label in Moodle, see:
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system