A page in Moodle is essentially a web-page that allows an editor to display various content and multimedia such as plain text, images, audio, video, embedded code or a combination of all these.
TIP: Advantages of using the 'Page' resource rather than uploading a 'File' include the resource being more accessible (for example to users of mobile devices) and easier to update.
1. Click 'Add an activity or resource' in the Section/Topic where you want the link to the Page to be.
2. Choose 'Page' from the list of 'Resources' and click the 'Add' button.
3. Give the Page a 'Name' and a description if you wish.
TIP: By ticking the box under the Description editing box, you can display the Description on the main course page under the link to the individual Page if you wish.
3. Create your 'Page' contents in the 'Page content' box, this can include text, images and embedded content such as YouTube. Notice you can switch to HTML to paste embed codes using the icon.
TIP: Use any number of pre-defined templates to add a bit of colour and improve the appearance of a page. A number of templates are available by clicking on theicon.
TIP: For large amounts of content, it's recommended that a book is used rather than a page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and Click 'Save and display' to view the folder or 'Save and return to course'.
For more advanced guidance on Adding and using a Page, see:
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Reports, logs and completion data in Moodle
- Create an assignment
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to eStream
- Access your eStream content
- Uploading videos to eStream
- Edit videos in eStream
- Edit video thumbnail
- Uploading a closed captions (subtitles) file to eStream
- Add eStream videos to Mahara
- Sharing eStream videos to Moodle
- Sharing an eStream video with a link
- Setup a video assignment in Moodle
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system