This guide explains how to view activity completion progress as a teacher using the activity completion report and as a student on the course home page.
Activity completion must be enabled for the Moodle space and the appropriate activities.
Activity completion icons
Activity completion icons, or check boxes, give a visual indication of the current activity status. They provide information on whether this is manually by the participant or automatic based on criteria set by a user with editing rights.
The following icons appear on both the activity completion report and the course homepage.
- Click on the cog icon to open the actions menu.
- Select 'More...' at the bottom of the menu.
- Select 'Activity completion' in the Reports section.
The Activity completion report will open. Participants are listed in rows and activities with activity completion enabled appear as columns to the right. Each activity has a checkbox for each participant which gives a visual indication of their completion status.
Hover over the icons to see summary information about the participant, activity and current status e.g. 'Simon Singh, Mahara Assignment 101: Not completed'.
Students can track their progress from the course page. The icons appear on the right-hand side of activities that have had activity completion tracking enabled.
If there is no tick box, completion tracking is not available for the activity.
The tick boxes will update when clicked on (for manual completion) or automatically when the relevant completion criteria are met e.g. when the activity is viewed, an entry is added, or a submission is made depending on the type of activity. In the event that this does not seem to be working, the student should contact the module leader for advice.
For more guidance on Activity completion please see:
- Introduction to managing course participants
- Make your course visible to students
- Check participants
- Enrolment methods and managing access permissions
- Enrol participants using Warwick auto-enrolment
- Manually enrol participants onto a Moodle space
- Roles and their functions in Moodle
- Switch to another role
- Create groups
- Create groupings
- Using group mode with activities
- Enable activity completion
- Mark activity completion manually
- Track activity completion
- Course completion
- Course participation
- Introduction to structuring your course
- Choose or change the format of your course
- Add a course header
- Add a course description
- Add a block
- Move or delete a block
- Manage sections within a Moodle space
- Add, move, delete or hide a section
- Restrict access to sections and activities
- Using tags in Moodle
- Introduction to assessment and feedback
- Create a fail / pass scale
- Create a custom certificate
- Create and manage badges
- Create an assignment
- Assignment submission types
- Assignment settings
- Create an assignment for group submission
- Set up Turnitin within an assignment
- Create and grade a submission using a rubric
- Use a marking workflow for assignments
- Blind marking
- Allocate markers to specific submissions
- Provide grades and feedback for individual assignments
- Check the status of submissions
- Hide or show grades and feedback
- Introduction to Vevox
- Get help with Vevox
- Converting from Turning Point to Vevox
- Polling in PowerPoint using the Vevox add-in
- Polling and Q&A all running within the Vevox dashboard
- Polling in PowerPoint, plus Q&A
- Request a Vevox account
- Information about Vevox for students
- Use Teams with Vevox personal response system