Use the calendar page template to show events on your website. The benefits of publishing events via a calendar rather than a blank page template include the following features:
- Embed an events feed in another web page, which automatically updates when you publish or edit events.
- Tag events with keywords such as ‘Conferences’ or ‘Postgraduate’ to enable visitors to filter busy calendars by their own interests.
- Filter event feeds by tag. This is useful for feeding a subset of events to other pages in your site, such as research events or announcements for current students.
- Go to the page under which you want to create the calendar.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page. (You need edit or admin permissions on the parent page.)
- Select Change page template to expand the options, then click Calendar.
Choose an option for the Default view – for example, this calendar's default view is Monthly:
- Choose a Week length from the drop-down menu: weekdays only; seven days of equal column width; or five weekdays plus two weekend days of reduced width.
- Specify whether to display time in 24-hour format.
- Optionally, to show term week numbers, choose an option from the Term week number display menu.
- Specify the Tag list position – at the top of the page or to the right of the news items.
- Enter the rest of the page properties: URL, Page heading, Title bar caption and Link caption. (For guidance on these properties, see: how do I create a new blank page?)
- Click Create new page.
- Click Done and visit the published page.
Note: When you create a calendar, it spans the right-hand side automatically. To put your own content in the right-hand side, go to Edit > Edit page properties. Under Advanced properties, unselect Span right-hand side.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem