Use the data reveal page template to publish information that's unique to an individual based on their University ID. When that person is signed in and visits your page, they see only information specific to them.
You prepare the data in a spreadsheet saved as a CSV file, then upload it to SiteBuilder. It's a good idea to have a dummy row of data for your own University ID so you can reassure yourself that the page looks as you expect.
In this article:
- The first row must contain column headings that make sense to your visitors.
- The first column must contain a University ID for each person. Do not worry if your spreadsheet program removes zeros from the start of University IDs.
- Go to the parent page under which you want to create the new page.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page. You need edit or admin permissions on the parent page to be able to do this.
- Select Change page template to expand the options, then change the page template to Data reveal.
Select Browse/Choose file, then upload your spreadsheet as a CSV file:
- Enter the URL, page heading, title bar caption and link caption. For a description of these properties, see: create a new blank page.
- Specify the keywords and page contact.
- When you have finished editing the page properties, select Create new page. You'll see a confirmation message with a link to view the new page.
- Go to the page that you want to change to a data reveal page.
- Go to Edit > Edit page properties.
- In Change page template & options, select Data reveal.
- Select Browse/Choose file and upload your spreadsheet as a CSV file.
- When you've finished editing the page properties, select Save.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem