You can upload a document and SiteBuilder will convert it to a web page. The supported file types are:
- DOC, DOCX – Microsoft Word
- ODT, ODS – OpenOffice
- RTF – Rich Text Format
2 March 2017: SiteBuilder no longer supports creating web pages by uploading a PowerPoint or Excel file. To publish a PowerPoint presentation in SiteBuilder, we recommend that you convert it to a .pdf file. Unlike a series of images, text in a PDF is searchable, can be read aloud by screen readers and can be indexed by search engines.
- In PowerPoint, go to File > Save As and choose PDF from the File Format drop-down list.
- Upload the PDF file to your web page.
For Excel files that you intend solely to be read, convert these to PDF from within Excel via File > Save As. If you expect others to reuse the data in a spreadsheet program or other analytical tool, upload the Excel file instead.
Create a new page
- Browse to the parent page under which you want to create the new page.
- Go to Edit > More, then select the Sub-pages tab.
- Select Create from Office.
- Select the Browse/Choose file button and attach your document.
To overwrite an existing page with the same name, select Overwrite existing page. This option is useful if you're updating a page with a new version of a document. By enabling this option you won't need to delete the existing page before creating the new one.
Caution: if you select Overwrite existing page, any page with the same name as the one you are creating will be deleted and replaced with the new page based on the document.
- Under Add page properties, enter a URL for the new page. If you don't specify a URL, the document's file name is used without the file extension. For example, uploading
My Report.docxcreates a page URL ending
- Enter the page heading, title bar caption and link caption. For a description of these properties, see: create a new blank page.
- Enter the keywords and page contact.
- When you have finished editing the page properties, select Create new page.
- You see a confirmation message with a link to view the new page. Note that a copy of the document is not stored on the Files tab.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem