Add an event
Go to your calendar page and click Create event. Alternatively, hover over the event date and click the + button.
- Enter the Title of the event.
- In the Notes box, enter a brief summary of the event.
Optionally, use the Detail section to provide a longer description:
Use a pre-existing web page for this item's detail – if you already have a page describing the event (say, an agenda with speaker biographies), choose this option and enter the web address in the URL box. For example:
- Create the detail for this item now – to enter a longer description now, select this option and type the description in the Detail box.
- Enter the name of the event venue (e.g. room number for University on-campus events) in the Location box.
- Specify the date, and start and end times. For events that do not have a specific start or end time and span a full day, or cross several days (such as a two-day conference), select All-day event.
To set this event to recur from the Start date onwards, choose an option from the Repeats menu: daily, every weekday (Monday to Friday), weekly, monthly or annually. Also, set the Until date to specify when the recurring event stops.
By default, repeating events are a linked series; changes to the event apply to all events in the series. If necessary, you can unlink a series to edit individual events – for example, to change the guest speaker name or topic at a monthly research seminar.
Note: once you unlink events from a series it's not possible to re-link them.
- Optionally, select the appropriate tags to categorise your event.
- Select Create item.
Create an event via quick add
Click in the box at the top left of your calendar:
Type the details of the event, which appear in a pop-up as you type. To quickly add an event with a title, date, start and end times, and location, use the following format:
Leading Directors of French Cinema 14/12/2017 18:00 to 19:00 in H1.01Note: the date format must be
dd/mm/yyyy– for example, for 3 August 2018 enter
- Click Create event or press Enter/Return. The event is now published on the calendar. To make any changes or add more detail, edit the event.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem