Create an event
In this article:
Add an event
Go to your calendar page and select Add. Alternatively, hover over the event date and select the + button.
- Enter the Title of the event.
- In the Notes box, enter a brief summary of the event.
Optionally, use the Detail section to provide a longer description:
Use a pre-existing web page for this item's detail – if you already have a page describing the event (say, an agenda with speaker biographies), choose this option and enter the web address in the URL box. For example:
- Create the detail for this item now – to enter a longer description now, select this option and type the description in the Detail box.
- Enter the venue – for example, a room number for events on campus events – in the Location box.
- Specify the date, and start and end times. For events that span a full day or several days, select All-day event.
To set this event to recur from the Start date onwards, choose an option from the Repeats menu: daily; every weekday (Monday to Friday); weekly; monthly; or annually. Also, set the Until date to specify when the recurring event stops.
Note: by default, repeating events are a linked series – changes to the event apply to all events in the series. If necessary, you can unlink a series to edit individual events – for example, to change the guest speaker name or topic at a monthly research seminar. After you unlink events from a series, it's not possible to re-link them.
- Optionally, select the appropriate tags to categorise your event.
- Select Save.
Create an event via quick add
Go to the Add box at the top left of the calendar:
Enter the details of the event, which appear in a pop-up as you type. To add an event with a title, date, start and end times, and location, use the following format:
Leading Directors of French Cinema 03/12/2018 18:00 to 19:00 in H1.01Note: the date format must be
dd/mm/yyyy– for example, 3 December 2018 is
- Select Add or press Enter/Return. The event is now published on the calendar. To make any changes or add more detail, select Edit item.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem