- Go to the form you wish to edit.
- Go to Edit > Edit formsbuilder page.
- Under Add a text box, select Single-line text box.
In the Field name box, enter the name you want to appear as the column heading in the form submissions table. For example:
In the Label box, enter the question or instructions to show the respondent on the form – for example:
If you don't specify a Label, the Field name displays on the form instead.
- Choose a Width of the text box as a percentage of the page width. For example, 100% spans the entire page.
- Optionally, in the Character limit box, enter the maximum number of characters (up to 4,000) a respondent can type in the single-line text box.
- Optionally, in the Prefilled text box, enter a hint or example answer to help the respondent understand the information you're asking for. This text appears in the text box when the form loads.
Optionally, to automatically fill the text box for signed-in Warwick members, choose an option from the Populate with drop-down list:
- First name
- Full name
- Last name
- University ID
- Choose whether to display the Label above the text box or at the left. The Label displays at the left by default.
- Optionally, to display text for information only, select Read-only.
- To make the single-line text box mandatory – the respondent must enter text before they can submit the form – select Required.
- To show the single-line text box only to editors of submissions – and hide it from respondents – select Only visible to editors.
- Select Save.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem