FormsBuilder is part of SiteBuilder, the University's web publishing tool. You can use it to create and publish forms on your web pages – e.g. to collect survey responses or event registrations – and download submissions in CSV, XML or PDF formats.
FormsBuilder has a similar level of security to email. In general, you should not use it to collect highly sensitive data. So, you need to decide carefully if the data you wish to collect is safe to do so in this format.
If you have a particular form that requires sensitive handling, please send a request to the ITS Web Team ([email]firstname.lastname@example.org[email]) to have your form updated to use HTTPS (HTTP Secure). This provides end-to-end encryption of form data from the user to the SiteBuilder database. Note that HTTPS forms do not send detailed responses by email. This is by design, as email is inherently insecure.
To make a form, you use the form page template – one of the default templates in SiteBuilder. The form page template contains all the tools you need to create, edit and maintain a form.
Editing options include:
- Text boxes (single- and multi-line fields; email; date; phone number; address)
- Choices for users (drop-down lists; option buttons; checkboxes; single- and multi-choice rating sets)
- Inserting comments and instructions
- Attaching documents to the form
- Processing the form, specifying properties and handling submissions
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem