- Go to your news page.
- Click Create new item.
- In the Title box, enter the headline of your news item.
Optionally, to include a thumbnail image, click Browse and attach the image:
- Accepted shapes: square or rectangular
- File format: JPG or PNG
- Minimum dimensions: 100x100 pixels
- Maximum dimensions 1170x1170 pixels. The thumbnail in the news Abstract is scaled to 100x100 pixels regardless of the dimensions of the image you upload.
Type a short description in the Abstract box. This could be the opening paragraph of your news item or a brief, standalone summary.Tip: for short announcements, or items with few sentences or only one paragraph, put the whole item in the Abstract box and leave the Detail section empty.
In the Detail section, add the full text of the news item:
Use a pre-existing web page for this item's detail – if you already have a web page containing the full news item, choose this option and enter the web address in the URL box. For example:
- Create the detail for this item now – to enter the full text now, select this option and add it to the Detail box. Also, choose whether or not to Create a new web page with this detail. If you don't select the checkbox, the full news item is included as part of the parent news page.
- Optionally, to automatically remove the news item in the future, select Expire news item after a certain date/time, then specify the date and time. When a news item expires, the item and associated pages are deleted. If you need to retain the news items for reference, copy them to another location before setting the news item to expire.
- To keep this news item at the top of your news page, regardless of the publication date, select Pin news item above all other news items. You can pin multiple items – they display in order of publication, most recent first.
- Select the appropriate Tags to categorise the news item. Tags can help people find information specific to them. For example, a department may tag news with Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Funding, Research or Publications.
- Click Save.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem