- Browse to the page you wish to rename.
- Go to Edit > More, and select the Current page tab.
In the Manage page box, select Rename this page. You see the URL of the page you're moving at the top of the screen. The page name forms the end of the URL. For example, if the URL is:
…the name of the current page is
students. You could rename this page
current, which would make the URL:
In the New URL box, remove the old page name and enter the new name e.g.:
- You now have the option to leave a forwarding page that points to the new page name. This automatically redirects people who visit the old URL, or sub-pages, to the new URL. To do so, select the checkbox Forward requests for.
- Specify whether or not the page you're renaming should be included in search results by choosing the appropriate option from the Allow search engines menu. Your choice also applies to any sub-pages or files beneath the current page. For more information, see: how search engines find pages.
- Specify whether the view permissions should remain at the current settings, or be removed, by choosing the appropriate option from the Permissions menu. Your choice also applies to any sub-pages or files beneath the current page. For more information, see: editing page permissions.
- Click Rename page.
Related help articles
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem