The quiz properties determine how the quiz works and general settings – for example, randomising the order of questions and choices, and what feedback you show to participants when they submit a quiz.
- Go to your quiz.
- Select Edit > Edit quizbuilder page.
- Under Modify the quiz, select Quiz properties.
On the Edit your quiz properties screen, specify how the quiz should work by setting the following options:
- Make visitors identify a piece of text or audio to prove that they are human – choose whether always to show the anti-spam question, show it to participants who are not signed in or never show it.
- Logged in users can submit just one copy of this quiz – to allow participants to submit the quiz repeatedly, unselect the checkbox.
- This quiz is currently closed – to hide the quiz questions and prevent any submissions, select the checkbox.
- Do not save user's answers – for informal quizzes where you do not intend to review or analyse the participants' submissions, select the checkbox.
- Randomise the order of the questions – this option can be useful if you expect many participants and you want to minimise collusion where one person tells another ‘the answer to question one is…’
- Randomise the order of the choices within questions – this option can be useful as a way to avoid participants from sharing information such as ‘the correct answer to question one is the first choice.’
- User must answer all questions before feedback is displayed – to show feedback to participants only after they complete and submit the quiz, select the checkbox.
- Show only the following number of the n questions randomly – to show a random subset of questions, select the checkbox, then enter a number in the text box. Random questions make collusion more difficult. However, you need a reasonably large set of questions before a random subset becomes useful.
- Go to this URL after quiz is completed – to direct participants to a web page after they submit the quiz, select the checkbox, then enter the URL of the target page in the text box.
- Under What kind of feedback to users, choose one of the following options:
- Give user feedback – show which questions they answered correctly and incorrectly, and their overall score.
- Show user's score – if you select this option, the participant does not see which questions they answered correctly, nor feedback for each question, but they receive their score. For example, 16/20.
- None – in some cases, you may wish to wait until everyone has taken the quiz before revealing scores. This option is useful when you want to tell participants their scores simultaneously.
- In the Show the following message box, enter a message to show your participants after they submit a quiz.
- When you have finished editing the quiz properties, select Publish.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem