You can add a search box to the centre or right-hand content to enable visitors to search your website or a section of it. For example, there is a Search help box at the right-hand side of all pages in SiteBuilder help, which returns results from any page under:
Search queries do not return results from the rest of the IT Services website or SiteBuilder section. You see matching results as you enter your query – we refer to this as ‘live search’.
To add a live search box to your page:
- Browse to the page where you want to add the search box.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content, as appropriate.
- Position your cursor where you want to insert the search box.
- Go to Insert a > Search box.
In the Insert search box pop-up window, enter the URL of the uppermost page of the section you want to make searchable. Omit
https://warwick.ac.uk. For example, for the whole of the IT Services site, enter:
Optionally, enter a label to appear in the search box – for example, Search IT Services. If you do not specify a label, the default label is Search for.
Select Insert. The following code is added to your page:
[livesearch label='Search IT Services']/services/its[/livesearch]
- When you have finished editing your page, select Publish.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem