My name is Yazhou He (Ellen). Having finished my PhD in Finance, Warwick Business School, I am currently working as a research fellow in the centre for corporate reputation, Saïd Business School, Oxford University.
My research interest covers a number of areas in finance and accounting, especially corporate governance, institutional investors, and hedge fund activism. I also have expertise in corporate reputation, trust, social networks and "green" investment.
My Ph.D project investigates the working of hedge fund activism as a means of corporate governance: the selection of target with specific institutional shareholder governance features, the role of social ties among institutional investors during campaign announcements, and the mutual benefits for the activist investors and institutional shareholders. My supervisors are Prof. April Klein (NYU) and Dr. Tao Li (University of Florida).
I have interest in a variety of areas such as mountaineering, classics, opera and beer brewing.
• Corporate Governance
• Hedge fund activism
• Institutional Investors
• Trust in financial market
• Social Network Analysis
• Sustainable investments
1. Y.He (2015) "Behind the Taps – A case study of Thornbridge brewery," Enterprise Research Centre
1. "The Benefits of Friendship in Hedge Fund Activism" with Tao Li (2016)
2. “Dissatisfied Investors and Hedge Fund Activism” (2017)
3. Valuation of trust as an intangible asset, as Master degree dissertation (2013)
• IB9520, Lecturer, Research Methodology for Financial Management
• XX9FMI, Lecturer, Pre-sessional Maths Course for MSc Finance programme
• XX9FMX, Module Leader, Pre-sessional Excel Training Course for MSc Finance programme
• IB3570, Seminar tutor, Investment Management for undergraduate programme
• IB9Y60, Seminar tutor, Empirical Finance for MSc Finance programme
• IB9X6L, Seminar tutor, Quantitative Methods for Finance for part-time MSc Finance programme
•SAS •STATA® •UCINET •R •Matlab® •Microsoft® Office •Linux
• 2013-2017: PhD candidate in Finance, Warwick Business School.
• 2016.2-2016.5: Visiting scholar in Stern Business School, NYU.
• 2012-2013: MSc in Finance and Accounting, Warwick Business School.
• 2008-2012: BSc in Accounting, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics.
• 2005-2008: Shanghai High School
• 2014-2017 WBS Scholarship
• 2008-2009 People's Scholarship
•Mountaineering •Classics•Opera •Home brew