I am a full-time PhD candidate at the University of Warwick doing research for the Centre for Applied Linguistics. I'm also a member of the Working and Communicating Across Cultures (WACC) research group and the Migration, Identity and Translation Network (MITN), which both specialise in intercultural and professional communication research. When I am not working on my PhD project, I enjoy being outdoors and going on trips with Warwick Mountains Society and/or practice Capoeira.
Currently I'm working on a cross-disciplinary project which is supervised by Dr Jo Angouri and Dr Daniel Dauber, and supported during my fieldwork by Professor Rebecca Piekkari from Aalto University School of Business, Finland.
My research centres on the lived experience of the multilingual workplace; what opportunities and challenges are associated with employees’ daily realities. I am particularly interested in identifying various sensemaking strategies when employees try to integrate into their work community.
Research Interests: workplace discourse; qualitative research methods; multilingualism; language & power; identity construction; internationalisation
My doctoral project was awarded funding from two prestigious and competitive research bodies: the Economic Social and Research Council (ESRC, UK) and the Foundation for Economic Education (Liikesivistysrahasto, Finland).
As part of the HEA programme, I have delivered seminars in the following MSc modules: Management Across Cultures, Marketing Across Cultures, Globalisation, and Researching the Workplace.
- MA in Cross-Cultural Communication & International Business Management (Distinction), Newcastle University, UK
- BA in Public Relations and Communications (GPA 4.52/5.00 - One of highest GPAs in the group), Tallinn University, Estonia
Other Academic Certificates
The Postgraduate Award in Social Science Research (Distinction), ESRC Doctoral Training Centre
- Associate Fellow Status of the Higher Education Academy (Merit)
- Victoria University of Wellington, July 2018, New Zealand
Research groups: Language in the Workplace & VUW Discourse Analysis
- Sociolinguistic Symposium 22, June 2018, Auckland
- International Gem&L Conference on Language and Management. July 2017, Copenhagen
- iMean5: Language and Change. April 2017, Bristol
- Leadership & Diversity in Organisations. September 2016, Canterbury
- 19th Warwick Postgraduate International Conference in Applied Linguistics. June 2016, Coventry
- ESRC PGR Conference. June 2016, Liverpool
- Interconnections Between Culture and Behaviour: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. February 2016, Coventry
Room 1.100, Social Sciences Building