As of March 2017, I am working as a postdoctoral researcher with Markus Meuwly, University of Basel, Switzerland. Contact me here: email@example.com
Early Career Fellow in Physics (Sept. 2016-Feb. 2017), funded by INTEGRATE AMR. Prior to this I held an IAS Early Career Fellowship.
My INTEGRATE AMR fellowship focused on the computational modelling of proteins.
I developed collaborations with several experimental groups in structural biology (School of Life Sciences), including Chris Dowson, Elizabeth Fullam, Richard Napier, Robert Freedman, Adrian Lloyd and David Roper.
Secondment to the group of Ivan Coluzza (University of Vienna, Austria) in Jan. 2017.
Other AMR project collaborators: Rudo Roemer (Physics) and Mark Rodger (Chemistry).
IAS Early Career Fellowship: path-integral based simulations to study quantum mechanical effects associated with ions in solution, working in collaboration with Scott Habershon (Chemistry).
2. `Testing the inter-operability of the CHARMM and SPC/Fw force fields for conformational sampling' J. L. Desmond, P. M. Rodger and T. R. Walsh, Molecular Simulation, 2013, 40, 912
1. `Synthesis and asymmetric hyrdrogenation of (3E)-1-benzyl-3-[(2-oxopyridin-1(2H)-ylmethylidene]piperidine-2,6-dione' A. A. Bisset, A. Shiibashi, J. L. Desmond, A. Dishington, T. Jones, G. J. Clarkson, T. Ikariya and M. Wills, Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 11978
- CSC/WCPM@lunch seminar series: research talk, University of Warwick, Feb. 2017.
- ABC seminar series: research talk, University of Vienna, Feb. 2017.
- Secondment to the group of Ivan Coluzza (University of Vienna), Jan./Feb. 2017.
- SWON Industry Workshop, Coombe Abbey, Sept. 2016.
Awarded Early Career Fellowship from INTEGRATE AMR, University of Warwick, Sept. 2016.
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Workshop: Research Agendas in Social Sciences and Humanities, University of Nottingham, July 2016.
Theoretical Chemistry Group Annual Conference, University of Nottingham, June 2016. Research poster.
- Warwick Interdisciplinary Surface Science Symposium, June 2016. Organiser, more info here.
- IAS Annual Symposium 2016 - Global Futures: Building Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Research Careers, University of Warwick, May 2016.
- Modern Muse, PriceStudios, London, March 2016. Filmed talking about my research for the launch of the charity ModernMuse on International Women'sDay. See modernmuse.org.
- Spectroscopy in a Suitcase, March 2016. An RSC outreach project. I demonstrated IR spectroscopy to two groups of approx 20 A-level students at King Edward VI College, Nuneaton.
- ACE meeting, IAS, Feb 2016. Talk about my research to an interdisciplinary audience.
- 'Liquid/Solid Interfaces: Structure and Dynamics from Spectroscopy and Simulations - 3rd edition', CECAM-HQ-EPFL, Switzerland, Jan 2016. Research poster.
- 'Studying Surfaces: in vacuo, in situ, in silico' Symposium, Royal Society of Chemistry, London, Jan 2016. Selected talk,
- Outreach, University of Warwick, Dec. 2015. Volunteer supervising two 17 year old 6th form students in experimental procedures,including heating under reflux, recrystallisation and IR spectroscopy.
- PhD Viva, Dec. 2015. I successfully defended my PhD thesis. Examiners: Prof. Chris Greenwell and Prof. Alessandro Troisi
- Festival of the Imagination, University of Warwick, Oct. 2015. 1 of 3 volunteers teaching over 100 children from ages 3-15 how to make crystal structures.
- Awarded Early Career Fellowship at the Institute of Advanced Study, University of Warwick, Oct. 2015.
PhD thesis submitted, Sept. 2015.
- mIb Advisory Board and ESR meeting, University College London, June 2015. Research poster.
- RSC Theoretical Chemistry Group Graduate Student Meeting, University of Manchester, Apr. 2015. Research poster.
- Computational Molecular Science 2015, University of Warwick, Mar. 2015. Research poster.
- CSC@lunch seminar, Mar. 2015. Talk about my research at this weekly, inter-departmental event in the Centre for Scientific Computing, University of Warwick.
- Computing Matters Workshop, Jan. 2015. Poster at this one-day event aimed at promoting links between industry and academia, University of Warwick.
- mIb ESR Meeting, University of Copenhagen, Oct. 2014. Talk about my research at a MIB Early Stage Researchers meeting.
- CCP5 Annual Conference, Harper Adams University, Sept. 2014: Talk about my research at the Computational Collaboration Project No 5 annual conference.
- mIb Advisory Board and ESR meeting, University of York, June 2014: Talk and poster about my research.
- Chemistry Posgraduate Symposium, May 2014: Talk about my research at this department-wide event at the University of Warwick.
- mIb Advisory Board and ESR meeting, University of Leeds, June 2013: Research poster and talk about mIb online resources.
- "Liquid/Solid Interfaces: Structure and Dynamics from Spectroscopy and Simulations" CECAM workshop, CECAM-HQ-EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, June 2013: Research poster.
- mIb ESR meeting, University of Sheffield, March 2013: Research Poster.
- Chemistry Postgraduate Symposium, University of Warwick, May 2013: Research poster.
- Self Assembly of Bioinspired Materials Consortium Meeting, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, April 2013: Short talk about my research.
- 'Mathematical Challenges in Molecular Dynamics' CCP5-MDNet Meeting, University of Warwick, April 2013: Research Poster.
- CCP5 Summer School, University of Cardiff, July 2012: Research Poster.
- mIb Advisory Board and ESR meeting, University of Warwick, June 2012: Research poster.
- Centre for Scientific Computing Postgraduate Day, University of Warwick, Feb 2012: Research Poster.