I graduated from LSE with a Masters in Management Science (Decision Sciences) in 2015 and hold a BA in Marketing and Management from Newcastle University. I've enjoyed two notable placements over the past five years, one with the Behavioural Insights Team at HMRC and another as a supply chain planner at SCA Hygiene Products.
My research lies at the intersection of emotions, decision making and public policy. There is a greater impetus for evidence-based policymaking today than ever, thanks to advances in technology and data managament. Yet, much of these depend on nudging. It pre-supposes an optimal preference for the individual (and society) and appeals to our sub-conscious choice processes.
I contend that self-conscious emotions (e.g., regret, shame, guilt and pride) hold powerful influences over our behaviour and to that, my research reveals how visceral feelings affect choices in a (ir)rational manner and hopefully supplement existing nudge approaches in public interventions.
We are proud to partner Which?, the UK consumer rights association, in our projects.
- Which? | Behavioural Insights Analyst
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Behavioural Insights Team) | Behavioural Insights Analyst
- SCA Hygiene Products | Supply Chain Planner
- University of Warwick | PhD Behavioural Science (Current)
- London School of Economics and Political Science | MSc Management Science (Decision Sciences)
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne | BA (Hons) Marketing and Management
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (Behavioural Insights Team) | Practitioner's guide to A/B Testing
- SCA Hygiene Products | The Balanced scorecare and its effect on team performance
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (The Pitch 2012) | Spark, Hype & Grow
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Management Science | Overall Best Performance
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
- SCA Hygience Products | IMPACT Award
- The Pitch 2012 | 2nd Place
- International Undergraduate Scholarship
External Links and Affliations
eugene dot tay dot 15 at mail dot wbs dot ac dot uk
Behavioural Science Group
Warwick Business School